Deserving of applause, the greedy winner’s ‘first drink’

He hesitated at the end, but he did as much as he could. 

On the 28th, Hyundai Capital beat KEPCO with a set score of 3-1 (25-19, 25-19, 23-25 , 25-21) and finally reached the championship match.

Even in the absence of captain Jeon Kwang-in, Hyundai Capital burned the desire to compete for the championship with Oreoll, Moon Seong-min, Heo Soo-bong, Hong Dong-seon, Lee Si-woo, and Kim Myung-gwan. 

Hyundai Capital proved it without breaking the rule of ‘88.2%’ calculated by the Korea Volleyball Federation (KOVO). It was calculated that the team that caught the first round of PO first has an 88.2% chance of advancing to the championship match. KEPCO bet everything on the remaining 11.8%. 

Hyundai Capital, thirsty for the first championship stage in 4 years since the 2018-19 season, and KEPCO, which even reached the PO stage for the first time since its founding. Compared to the women’s division, which ended rather disappointingly, the men’s division was so fierce that it was impossible to predict the outcome until the first and second matches. 

There was a time when KEPCO suffered 9 consecutive losses in the 2nd to 4th rounds of the regular league this season, and it was difficult to keep the rankings, let alone spring volleyball. After that, he went back and forth between winning and losing, and until early March, he predicted whether he would go to the semi-PO on his own. In the 6th round of the regular league, Korean Air defeated Woori Card after a bloody battle in a full set, and a semi-PO was achieved dramatically.

For KEPCO, which came up in the postseason with difficulty, it changed to a position of ‘because we’ve come this far’ rather than ‘this is enough’. He aimed for his first PO stage and even before his first championship decision. Although he lost the first game of PO after a bloody battle, he calculated that he would be able to do it. Lim Seong-jin scored 22 points (attack success rate 54.55%), Seo Jae-deok 19 points, and Tais 17 points, looking at the possibility. 

In the second game, KEPCO turned that possibility into reality. Despite the abnormal knee condition, Tais exploded his firepower belatedly and scored the most points in the team with 24 points (attack success rate 50%). 

In addition to Ha Seung-woo, who became the ‘crazy setter’, Lim Seong-jin, a key player, ran wild in front of the season’s largest crowd of 3,504. He broke through the pressure of Heo Soo-bong and made a big success with 23 points, sending the team to Cheonan. 

However, the physical burden of playing the first and second matches in full sets, along with the one-day schedule, and the pressure of away games were heavier than expected. Game 3 did not come out as bloody as expected.

Rather, after overcoming the sluggishness in the second game, he was bombarded by his opponent, Oreoll, who revived, and Hong Dong-seon, an unexpected card, played an active role as an atmosphere maker in the 4th set. Opponent setter Kim Myeong-gwan, who started as a starter, performed like a monster, scoring 5 points only by blocking and 1 point as a sub ace out of 8 points. He took out the opponent’s soul with the propaganda of the middle blocker level. 

Im Seong-jin, who lost strength, only scored 11 points (attack success rate 60%) that day, and received a target hit and was quite shaken with 10 out of 29 in receiving. pushed In terms of serve score, Hyundai Capital was greatly ahead, 8-3.   바카라

This year’s postseason of KEPCO, which dreamed of advancing to the first championship game and even winning the first trophy, although the odds are not high, has stopped here.

However, it is good to receive applause as much as the potential that fiercely set fire to. They showed off a hot game suitable for spring. After having a rich ‘spring volleyball party’, they leave. I couldn’t be full on the first drink, but I went up once. This is a stepping stone for the next step up.

It is also very encouraging to get a glimpse of Im Seong-jin’s growth. After the second game on the 26th, coach Kwon Young-min gave a favorable review, saying, “I evaluated him as being very shy, but now he seems to be a true ace.”  

KEPCO, which finished the showtime, starts preparing for the next season after the team’s vacation.

Meanwhile, starting on the 30th, the first leg of the championship match will be held at Incheon Gyeyang Gymnasium, the home stadium of Korean Air. Matches are played in best of 5 matches. If you digest until the final game (game 5), it will be held until April 7th. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.